Discussion in 'International Area' started by antslake, Dec 30, 2010.

1. antslake

antslake New Member

Logview will not install, I get this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Local Settings\Temp\LogView V2 2\Installer.exe kann nicht geöffnet werden. Access is denied.

Any help is appreciated. I've checked the permissions on the folder.
  2. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi !

Download the installer to another directory.
    And then try to run the installer as administrator. (Shift und Rightclick the Installer -> Run as Administrator)
  3. antslake

antslake New Member

I had tried running it from another directory, but not running as administrator. I then tried to run it as an administrator, and still got the same message. I then looked in my program files directory, and saw that the program did install, but did not install the start menu icons. I ran the program, and it started. The program did not communicate with my Junsi 3010B charger, I selected it and the USB port. I also have the USB driver installed. I also could not uninstall logview, even though it was on the list. My computer was running very slow, so I restarted it. Now all I have is a black screen.
    I think I need to manually uninstall the program from safe mode, but I do not know how.
    One other thing, I had tried installing an earlier version first that came with the charger on the disk. When it didn't work, I downloaded the latest version and tried that. I need help as my laptop is now not working.
    Thank you.
  4. antslake

antslake New Member

Somehow I got my laptop to boot again normally by using the win xp recovery section of the installation disc.

The program is there, but it seems like it is not installed correctly. I can start up the program, but it does not see the charger. The usb driver is correctly installed for the charger because I updated the charger successfully.

I think I should manually uninstall logview and try again, but not sure how to do that.
  5. Dominik

Hi !

LogView only creates an Install folder under c:\Programs .
    So delete this folder and reinstall LogView.
  6. antslake

antslake New Member

Thank you, I will try.

Is there any reason why logview was not communicating with the charger? Of the three lights on the bottom, the com light was on, but tx, and rx was off.
  7. Dominik

Good question :)

If I look at your complete problems .. Maybe your whole xp installation is damaged?!
    Try to reinstall the USB - Serial driver. Use the latest release!
  8. antslake

antslake New Member

This time it installed correctly without error message. But I still cannot communicate with the charger.

The com light is on, tx and rx is off.
  9. Dominik

Which charger are you using ?
  10. antslake

antslake New Member

I did reinstall the usb driver. I had did a system restore back to a point before I started all this. I have the latest driver. MY win xp install is fairly fresh with very little programs installed.
  11. antslake

antslake New Member

3010B Junsi
  12. antslake

antslake New Member

WAIT, it's working now. I guess you have to be charging to see live data.
    Thank you for all the help, and Happy New Year, may it be a safe and happy one, from NY, USA.