Discussion in 'International Area' started by bobsmith7, Mar 8, 2011.

1. bobsmith7

bobsmith7 New Member

Hello,

I have been using Logview for sometime now with no problems on a PC using Windows 7.
    I have also installed it onto another PC which is using Windows XP Home. The installation was OK but I have been trying to log data from a Junsi Celllog 6S and cannot get the Logview to interface with the Celllog. It keeps asking me to choose the correct port but the port selection window remains blank. I have tried to download the latest Silicon Labs CP210X (later version than that supplied with the Junsi unit) but the problem is not solved.
    Could you suggest a solution?

thanks

Bob
  2. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi !

Is the driver correct installed? It sounds to me that LogView can´t find a proper port for usage.

Can you select a CP210x port in the Port Combobox ?
  3. bobsmith7

bobsmith7 New Member

connection

Hi Dominik,
    thank you for your reply, and I agree that the problem looks like it is with the USB/port, but I cannot seem to resolve it. I am not familiar with the term "port combobox" so do not know if that will help me. Could you describe how to get into this and I could then check if the CP210X is there or not.
    many thanks
    Bob
  4. Dominik

Dominik Administrator Staff Member

Hi !

I´m talking about this box:
    PortSelect.png
  5. bobsmith7

bobsmith7 New Member

connection

Sorry Dominik, I thought you were referring to a Windows component which gave details of all port allocations on the computer. I see now that it is the list which appears in Logview itself at the stage when you select the device and port, but I'm afraid that this is the area which was blank and contained no port information at all, which supports the theory that the difficulty was with the CP210X software.
    The good news is that I have resolved the problem. I decided that there was some sort of clash between the Logview software and the E-Station software which both use the CP210X, so I deleted all three softwares and re-installed from scratch. I must have done something correctly (though I am not sure what!) as the system is now all running well without any problems.
    Thanks again for all your help
    best regards

Bob